Licensed Practical Nurse Job Description
Reports to: Immediate Clinical Supervisor
This is a home care agency that services patients in a variety of settings, including private homes, assisted living/care facilities, and other environments. The employee may be required travel to any one of our service areas. LPN’s will be expected to provide nursing services in accordance with agency standards and applicable laws and regulations. Ensures that patients receive the highest possible quality of care.
- Graduate of an approved school of practical nursing, currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of New York
- Two (2) years experience in home health care or related health field. Car with required proof of insurance coverage and a New York State Drivers license.
- Knowledge of all types of home health equipment utilized by patients as well as forms and paperwork necessary for documentation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills required, Microsoft word and excel a plus.
- The ability to utilize intermediate computer software integral to agency operations after initial training period.
- Able to communicate with ill patients, co-workers, and general public.
- Multi-tasking skills are essential.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or limitation to perform the essential functions.
- In the home care setting, the employee may be exposed to carrying physical environments and allergens and may be required to list and/or move 50 – 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and to effectively deal with stress may be expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competence in nursing skills and observation, judgment, and intervention
- Supervise certified staff in your assigned area.
- Keep up to date knowledge base in reference to current case assignment.
- be flexible and adaptive in rendering appropriate nursing care.