Registered Nurse Job Description
Reports to: Immediate clinical supervisor
This is a home care agency that services patients in a variety of settings, including private homes, assisted living/care facilities, and other environments. The employee may be required travel to any one of our service areas. RN’s will be expected to provide and supervise the provision of safe, high quality nursing care. To follow Federal, State and Local laws and guidelines of accrediting agencies.
Must have a current NYS RN license and registration, also a current CPR certification and Liability Insurance. One year experience as a RN preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Intermediate computer skills required, Microsoft word and excel a plus. The ability to utilize intermediate computer software integral to agency operations after initial training period and multi-tasking skills are essential. Able to access and communicate with ill patients, co-workers, and general public. Multi-tasking skills are essential.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or limitation to perform the essential functions.
- In the home care setting, the employee may be exposed to carrying physical environments and allergens and may be required to list and/or move 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and to effectively deal with stress may be expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competence in observation, assessment, judgement diagnosis and intervention
- Supervise LPN and certified staff in your assigned area.
- Maintain NCP and adequately complete agency forms.
- Keep up to date knowledge base in reference to current case assignment.
- Be flexible and adaptive in rendering adequate nursing care.
- Maintain client records in accordance with agency’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records describing care given per NCP and per physician’s orders.
- Deliver care within the scope of the Nurse Practice Acts and within the boundaries of Preparation and limitation.
- Observe, assess, and report any adverse sign and symptoms.
- Triage client problems and emergencies. Deliver emergency care when needed.
- Immediately notify agency and physician.
- Manage all staff and supervise all services rendered to clients and families in your region in accordance with agency policy, procedure and state and federal regulations.
- Case conference with clinical staff and extended care team as needed.
- Perform, at least, monthly site inspection of ACF practice environments in your region.
- Foster relationships with administrators & case managers in the various ACF’s and contracts the promote a healthy working relationship, ensure there is continual communication with said individuals to ensure a proper clinical relationship between our agency and the ACF’s and contracts.
- Review all incident and accident reports, infection control reports, complaints and grievances for your region.
- Audit at least ten percent of client’s charts quarterly for Continuous Quality Improvement process and necessary and report findings to the DPS.
- Consult with the DPS in matters relating quality improvement and client care services.
- Participates in local and state organizations and activities relative to the health professionals and community health services.
- Supervises training and updates clinical staff on all Policies & Procedures, forms, DOH regulations, etc. as directed by DPS.
- Conduct nurses’ probationary evaluations, annual evaluations, and supervisions in conjunction with Lead Nurses and coordination department.
- Assist in the interview and hiring of client staff.
- Attend office meetings.
- Work with designated Clinical Executive Assistant to achieve all items listed above as necessary.
- Other roles as assigned by DPS or Administrator